Distance from hotel to airport (5 minute car ride and 7 minute boat ride), 12 minutes. Distance from hotel to town (by car), 5 minutes.
Set on a 300-acre private island, Jumby Bay Island casts a spell of serene enchantment. Nestled two miles off the coast of Antigua, the exclusive Caribbean resort is a naturalist's haven noted for its lush landscape, stately palm trees and three superb, white sand beaches. A secluded hideaway accessible only by boat, the resort is known worldwide for providing discerning travelers with world-class service and distinguished amenities.
- Activities Desk
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Bars (4)
- Croquet Court
- Exercise Room
- Fishing (deep sea)$
- Laundry Services ($)
- Massage Services ($)
- Putting Green
- Restaurants (4)
- Shops ($)
- Spa Treatments ($)
- Tennis Lessons ($)
- Water Skiing
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break is 12 years old.
• Rondavel Room - 2 adults or 1 adult and 1 child.
• One Bedroom Rondavel Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Beach Side Courtyard Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Pool Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Rosewood Estate Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• All accommodations except Rondavel Room will accommodate 1 adult and 2 children.
Rondavel Room(*), (VNR) Located in octagonal-shaped cottages featuring wrap- around terraces with views of the Caribbean Sea, each Rondavel room includes a four-poster bed, bathroom with a private courtyard and outdoor garden shower.
One Bedroom Rondavel Suite(*), (JK8) Located in the Rondavel cottages, these suites combine luxury with tropical elegance. They feature a separate bedroom, living room, bathroom with a large walk-in shower and a private outdoor garden with a rain shower. A wraparound terrace provides views of the sea.
Beach Side Courtyard Suite, (KL5) Complementing the beautiful island setting, the Beachside Suites are a delightful combination of comfort with luxury. Nestled on the beach, these Caribbean suites are decorated with tropical touches, offering magnificent vaulted ceilings and a sitting area, which opens to a beautifully appointed bedroom. The bath- room contains a dressing area, an indoor rain shower, double vanity as well as an outdoor shower and soaking tub set in a calming private courtyard.
Pool Suite(*), (POO) An antique privacy gate and entry courtyard welcome guests to this elegant one-bedroom suite. Beautifully appointed with 1,346 square feet of living space, the suite features a grand room with a vaulted ceiling, living area, separate master bedroom with a spacious bathroom and a private outdoor garden with rain shower and tub. Over- looking the sea with an expansive terrace and a private pool, this is the ultimate retreat for relaxation.
Estate Suite(*), one-bedroom accommodation offering a sophisticated blend of privacy, luxury and service. Inspired by the island sands, subtle beiges and cream are combined with tasteful British colonial furnishings for an understated look that embodies residential elegance. A courtyard with fountain and entry vestibule leads to a spacious living room furnished with all the amenities of home. With a spacious living and dining area, the suite opens to an infinity-edge pool that provides dramatic views of the Caribbean Sea. In addition, the private master bedroom contains a spacious bathroom, and an outdoor garden arranged for seclusion within a four-walled courtyard featuring a deep pedestal tub and blissful rain shower. A private butler pantry for in-suite dining and an office complete this accommodation. The Estate Suite also offers the option of one or two additional connecting suites.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: safe (personal), television, umbrella, CD player/radio, maid service (twice daily), bathrobes, flashlight, hairdryer, iron and DVD player.
• Resort Bicycles
• In room dining 7:00am-10:00pm -42" flat screen with NXTV system
• Ipod docking
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
1830 Bar, Upon arrival, guests are transported to a Veranda.
• Situated within the old plantation house and retaining historical elements of the original structure, the bar features a color palette of rich green tones inspired by the verdant island landscape. Whimsical palm murals that have adorned the walls for over thirty years have been thoughtfully restored. Furniture and fixtures incorporate traditional materials such as teak and rattan to emulate the style of past travelers and explorers. Guests can also relax in the courtyard, an outdoor lounge space to savor pre or post dinner drinks amongst tropical plants and a commissioned fountain carved into the shape of a "Turk's head" cactus by a local artisan.
The Beach Bar, Set directly on the sands of Jumby Bay Beach, and surrounded by a garden of towering palm trees, hibiscus and wild orchids, the Beach Bar is a traditional open bungalow with a thatched bohio that is the center of beach service. Cocktails, cold water and fresh towels are available. A raised hand brings a frosty glass of water, delicious daiquiri or tray bearing a selection of freshly made fruit sorbets, scrumptious ice-cream sandwiches or frappuccinos. Private dinners can be arranged for an intimate gathering, or a small group on the beach. Dedicated musical entertainment can be provided. A personal server, who can advise on wine pairings, presents an exclusive menu prepared by the chef.
General Opening Hours: 10:00am-6:00pm
To preserve the elegant but casual atmosphere of Jumby Bay, ladies may wear pareos or cover-ups over swimwear; gentlemen may wear polos or t- shirts with swim shorts at breakfast and lunch. At dinner resort wear is appropriate for ladies and gentlemen.
The Pool Grille, Nestled between the Caribbean Sea and the dramatic ocean- front infinity pool, The Pool Grille is perfect for those who can't bear to leave the waters edge. Serving casual lunch fare, light snacks and an array of refreshing cocktails, mocktails, smoothies, fruit juices and teas, sunbathers can choose to dine under the shaded canopy or order from their lounger. The Grille's terrace is also a popular venue for weddings and special events.
Beach Shack, Embracing the love of West Indian cuisine, the "Beach Shack" invites guests to enjoy an authentic and local food experience in a casual and relaxing atmosphere, directly on the sands of Jumby Bay Beach. Inspired by colorful West Indian style food shacks found in small villages throughout Antigua, the Beach Shack will offer delicious local street food such as lobster or chicken wraps/rotis, locally caught fish, ceviche and much more. The Beach Shack is open for Caribbean continental breakfast and smoothie bar in the mornings, and for a more informal grab- and-go lunch.
Breakfast Hours: 9:00am to 10:30am Lunch Hours: 12noon to 3:00pm
The Estate House, is the epitome of stylish dining in a delightful Caribbean setting. Set overlooking the sea and the lights of Antigua and surrounded by a fragrant garden of palm trees, hibiscus and wild orchids, the classic colonial house (c. 1830) was once the center piece of the island sugar plantation. Now it's a sanctuary of civilized dining high- lighted by romantic sophistication with Italian-inspired cuisine. The menu of The Estate House features selections of short courses and entrees with bold flavors. Among the menu's many highlights:
• Roasted Butternut Ravioli with Truffle Butter, sauteed Shrimp with Local Farm Fresh Vegetables in citrus sauce, grilled Sea Bass and Mediterranean Salsa and Seafood Risotto with Asparagus.
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE 2018-2019
Booking Dates: 01/01/2018 - 12/31/2019 Travel Dates: 01/07/2018 - 12/31/2019
• Gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Afternoon tea
• Beverages, cocktails and house wine by the glass
• Access to resort fitness and tennis facilities
• Use of resort pools
• Use of water sports equipment (water-skiing, paddle boarding, kayaking, Sunfish sailing, windsurfing, snorkel equipment, twice weekly snorkel excursions and more)
• Daily children's program
Package inclusions are subject to change.
2018-2019 Bonus Features:
• Travel Dates: 01/01/2018 - 12/31/2019
• Airport greeting
• Concierge services
• Use of the beaches of Jumby Bay
• Snorkeling gear & guided tours
• Sunset cocktail cruise
• Use of sunfloats & Sunfish sailboats
• Use of Fitness center
• Resort bicycles
• Use of tennis courts
• Daily NY Times facsimile
• Evening turndown service
• Hawksbill Turtle Project
• Daily Children's Program
Please note a minimum number of participants may be required for some activities.
2018 Children's Program Information:
• Travel Dates: 01/01/2018 - 12/17/2018
Children's Program The children's program is designed to provide the youngest guests with special services, amenities and convenience items designed just for them.
• From kids' menus to special events and fun activities, Jumby Bay is a great place for children and families.
General Destination Information - Important!
• Please advise all clients traveling to Antigua:
• That the wearing of camouflage or military apparel is illegal, and enforceable by law.
Dress Code Policy:
• To preserve the elegant but casual atmosphere at Jumby Bay, ladies may wear pareos or cover-ups over swimwear; gentlemen may wear polos or t- shirts with swim shorts at breakfast and lunch. At dinner resort wear is appropriate for ladies and gentlemen.
Airport Transfer Details Travel Dates: 01/01/2018 - 12/17/2018
• A mandatory per person transfer fee includes a welcome at V.C. Bird International Airport in Antigua and escort by private car to the resorts private ferry for the seven minute journey to Jumby Bay.
• The transfer fee also includes return transfer to V.C. Bird International Airport in Antigua upon departure.
• Airport transfer fees for guests arriving via private plane are available upon request.
• In order to maintain private access and the guests security on Jumby Bay Island, transfers must be arranged via Jumby Bay only. 2018:
Please Note - For Internal Use:
• It is important for us to provide confirmed flight arrival/departure details to the resort so that they may ensure a great arrival experience for the mutual guests.
Available at an additional charge:
• Golf on Antigua
• Day Sailing
• Deep-sea fishing
• Resort boutique
• Scuba diving & instruction
• Tennis instruction
• Casino night on Antigua
• Island tours & Sightseeing on Antigua
• Day trips to nearby Caribbean islands
• Laundry services
• Private beach dinners
• In-room dining