An ideal destination for families, Green Island Resort is one of the most ecologically sensitive resorts on the Great Barrier Reef and is the only coral cay in the Great Barrier Reef with a rainforest. Here you will discover an intimate haven nestled amongst the rainforest and cleverly secluded from the remainder of the island and day visitor facilities. To further enhance the island experience, Oiled Massage Salon provides a range of massage options including Shiatsu and Reflexology to unwind and rejuvenate during a tropical island retreat. Complimentary internet access available from the Coral Cay guest lounge and nearby private resort pool only. Situated on Australia's beautiful Great Barrier Reef just 45 minutes off- shore from Cairns, Green Island is a small coral cay of 15 hectares surrounded by a magnificent coral reef, and one of Australia's premier environmental heritage sites.
Please note this is a non smoking property.
- Activities Program
- Dive Center
- Gift Shop
- Gift Shop ($)
- Internet Access ($)
- Laundry Service
- Laundry Services ($)
- Massage Services ($)
- Meeting Facilities
- Non-Smoking (accommodations/facilities)
- Pool (swimming)
- Porter Services ($)
- Room Service (limited)
- Safe (front desk)
- Safe (reception)
- Scuba Diving
- Watersports (motorized) ($)
- Watersports (non-motorized)
• Check-in-time: 2:00 pm Check-out-time: 10:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break is 14 years old.
Island Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Reef Suite - 2 guests.
Reef Suite Bedding: 1 king bed.
With a small number of rooms, the resort has 2 styles of accommodation.
• The Island Suites are intimate while the Reef Suites are slightly larger and split level. Both suite types are elegantly appointed with a separate shower and bath and feature private balconies with either rainforest or pool views. All suites are set in clusters under the rainforest canopy and adjoining central facilities.
All accommodations include: coffee/tea maker, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, mini-bar, bathroom (private), room service, safe (in accommodation), telephone, television, air conditioning and rollaway bed (on request): ($).
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
The Canopy Grill, Serving a casual barbecue buffet in an outdoor setting. Open daily for lunch.
Emeralds Restaurant, Serving modern Australian cuisine with local produce. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Environmental Management Charge, return launch transfers from Cairns Wharf, kayaking, fish feeding presentations, glass bottom boat tour, rainforest and guided evening nature walks, snorkelling equipment and windsurfing.
• Diving, helicopter scenic flights, Marineland Melanesia, motorized watersports, reef fishing, seaplane scenic flights and seawalker helmet diving.
• Luggage is limited to 23kg per bag. There is no limit to the number of bags allowed.
How To Get There:
• Arrive at Green Island by high speed launch (45 minutes) from Cairns wharf, or helicopter transfers from Cairns or Cairns International Airport (15 minutes). Helicopter price available on request. Launch transfers from Cairns to Green Island depart daily at 8:30am, 10:30am and 1:00pm. Return launch transfers from Green Island to Cairns depart daily at 9:45am, 12:00pm, 2:30pm and 4:30pm.