Hamilton Island is the only island with a variety of hotels and apartments to suit all tastes and budgets as well as an endless array of activities.
Surrounded by idyllic coral fringed beaches, Hamilton Island is the perfect base for the ultimate Great Barrier Reef experience. It is the only island with a variety of hotels and apartments to suit all tastes and budgets as well as an endless array of activities.
Guests staying at Palm Bungalows have access to the following facilities and services located within the resort: activities program, bars, beauty salon, business center, boutique, canoes, children playground, convenience store, deep sea fishing, fitness center, hairdresser, kid's club, massage facilities, mini golf, motorized water sports, non motorized water sports, laundry self service, meeting facilities, restaurants, scuba diving, swimming pool, tennis and tour desk and internet access (limited usage complimentary).
- Babysitting Services
- Internet Access ($)
- Non-Smoking (accommodations/facilities)
- Rooms (49)
• Check-in-time: 2:00 pm Check-out-time: 10:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children under 13 years sharing a room with 2 adults and utilizing existing bedding (including divans) are free of charge unless a child cost is shown in the online tariff.
Palm Bungalow - 2 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
Palm Bungalow Bedding: 1 king bed and 1 divan bed.
The Palm Bungalows are scattered around the island and are free standing, surrounded by tropical landscaped gardens which offer a back to nature experience. Simple yet charming, they are ideal for couples or small families. Bright, airy and well appointed, each Palm Bungalow features air-conditioning, ceiling fan, spacious bathroom with walk-in shower and small kitchenette with stove top, microwave and small fridge. Each has its own balcony and outdoor furniture offering garden views only. The main pool is located in the resort centre and Catseye Beach is only a short walk away.
All accommodations include: hairdryer, iron, ironing board, movies (in house), refrigerator, cooking facilities, telephone, television, air conditioning, coffee/tea maker and shower (only).
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
• Access is available to the resorts 16 restaurants and take-away outlets.
• This is a non-smoking property.
• Reception for Palm Bungalows is located at the Reef View Hotel.
• Complimentary seat in coach airport or marina transfers, unlimited use of the resort shuttle between 7:00am and 11:00pm daily, bushwalking, catamarans, paddleboards, sailboards and snorkelling gear, use of the fitness centre and tennis court hire. Audio Tour devices are available to hire from Tour Desks at Resort Centre or Reef View Hotel and showcases walking trails and key facilities on the island. Recorded in 5 languages including English, Japanese, Mandarin, Italian and German.
• Fishing, island activities and tours, massage treatments, mini golf, motorized water sports, snorkel safaris.
How to get there:
• Arrive at Hamilton Island by direct commercial air service from Sydney (2.5 hours), Melbourne (3 hours), Brisbane (2 hours) and Cairns (1 hour) or scheduled launch transfer from Shute Harbour (35 minutes).
• Launch transfers operated by Cruise Whitsundays from Airlie Beach to Hamilton Island departure times vary throughout the year. Regular services operate daily and connect with most flights.
• Return launch transfers from Hamilton Island to Airlie Beach departure times vary throughout the year. Regular services operate daily and connect with most flights.
• A complimentary seat in coach transfer meets all flights and launch transfers at either Hamilton Island Airport or Hamilton Island Marina to transfer to the Palm Bungalows.
• Return complimentary seat in coach transfers from the Palm Bungalows meets all commercial flights at Hamilton Island Airport or launch transfers to Airlie Beach.