Qualia is Australia's newest premium resort on the Great Barrier Reef. Pronounced "kwahleea", it is a gated resort community, embedded in 30 acres of tropical garden landscape on the northern most tip of Hamilton Island. Be immersed in a relaxed atmosphere where facilities include 2 bars, the Long Pavilion which houses a library, wrap around lap pool, a restaurant and private dining room, and Spa qualia; offering an extensive range of luxurious local and international treatments. The main pool is located in a sheltered nook at the base of the cliff and is orientated towards the Coral Sea.
- Boutique ($)
- Business Center
- Computers (available)
- Internet Access
- Laundry Service
- Pool (swimming)
- Porter Services ($)
- Room Service
- Rooms (60)
- Safe (reception)
- Spa (day) ($)
- Tour Desk
• Check-in-time: 2:00 pm Check-out-time: 11:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children under 16 years not catered for.
Leeward Pavilion - 2 adults. Winward Pavilion - 2 adults. Beach House at Qualia - 4 adults.
Leeward Pavilion Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 single beds.
Winward Pavilion Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 single beds.
Beach House At Qualia Bedding: 1 king bed and 2 single beds or 2 king beds.
• Set amongst native Eucalypts, each pavilion has been hand-crafted from the finest imported and local timber and stone; to complement the natural surrounds the interiors feature fabrics and patterns inspired by nature.
• All Pavilions feature floor to ceiling windows, large bathrooms with separate bath tubs and showers as well as large-format natural stone flooring, and comfortable down-filled sofas.
• The freestanding south west facing Leeward Pavilions are 90 square meters and have an outlook of both the Island and the Coral Sea and comes with a private sundeck.
• The freestanding north facing Windward Pavilions are 120 square meters and give expansive views of the Coral Sea and Whitsundays, offering the added indulgence of a private infinity edged plunge pool and a separate bedroom.
The Beach House offers the ultimate secluded hideaway, complete with a main bedroom with walk-in robe and ensuite, spacious entertaining area, a 10-person dining room, a private 12 meter long lap pool as well as a separate guest house.
All accommodations include: ironing board, mini-bar, movies (in accommodation), non-smoking accommodations, safe (in accommodation), iron, television, air conditioning, coffee/tea maker, hairdryer and telephone.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Long Pavilion, Serving a fine dining experience with seasonal produce. Open daily for breakfast and dinner.
Pebble Beach, A relaxed and informal dining option. Open daily for lunch.
• Qualia Classic and Qualia Gourmet can not be combined within the same booking. All nights must reflect the same option.
• Hamilton Island is 16 kilometers south east of Shute Harbour with its own marina and airport catering for direct commercial and charter flights.
• Hamilton Island is situated in the heart of the Whitsundays and is one of 74 tropical islands that lie between the Queensland Coast and the Great Barrier Reef.
• Qualia Classic:
• Full breakfast at The Long Pavilion or Pebble Beach restaurants, all non -alcoholic beverages within qualia (including mini bar) at all times, VIP Hamilton Island airport or marina to hotel return transfers, 1 golf buggy (2 seater for Leeward and Windward Pavilions, 4 seater for Beach House) and use of non motorized water sports including catamarans, sailboards, paddle boards and snorkeling gear.
• Full breakfast & dinner at The Long Pavilion and Pebble Beach restaurants, all non-alcoholic beverages within qualia (including mini bar) at all times, VIP Hamilton Island airport or marina to hotel return transfers, 1 golf buggy (2 seater for Leeward and Windward Pavilions, 4 seater for Beach House) and use of non motorized water sports including catamarans, sailboards, paddle boards and snorkeling gear.
• Motorized water sports, fishing, island activities and tours, massage treatments, mini golf and snorkel safaris.
• A valid international drivers license must be presented to gain access to the golf buggy. All buggies require a credit card for a security bond upon collection.
• Audio Tour devices are available to hire from tour desks at Resort Center or Reef View Hotel and showcases walking trails and key facilities on the island. Recorded in 5 languages including English, Japanese, Mandarin, Italian and German.
How to Get There
• Arrive at Hamilton Island by direct commercial air service from Sydney (2.5 hours), Melbourne (3 hours), Brisbane (2 hours) and Cairns (1 hour) or scheduled launch transfer from Shute Harbour (35 minutes).
• Launch transfers operated by Cruise Whitsundays from Airlie Beach to Hamilton Island departure times vary throughout the year. Regular services operate daily and connect with all flights.
• Return launch transfers from Hamilton Island Marina to Shute Harbour departure times vary throughout the year. Regular services operate daily and connect with all flights.
• A complimentary VIP buggy transfer meets all flights and launch transfers at either Hamilton Island Airport or Hamilton Island Marina to transfer to Qualia.
• Return complimentary VIP buggy transfers from Qualia meets all commercial flights at Hamilton Island Airport or launch transfers to Airlie Beach.