Distance from hotel to city, 5 minutes. Distance from hotel to Madrid Airport, 8 miles (13 kms).
Opened in 1953 and known as the "Hotel of the Nobility" Gran Melia Fenix is an historical reference at the Spanish capital and meeting point for high level events. The facilities at the Gran Melia Fenix have managed to recover their former splendor and restored the hotel to its rightful place in the history of Madrid.
Located at the heart of the Spanish capital, in the famous Plaza de Colon, set on the central avenue that crosses Madrid, Paseo de la Castellana, and surrounded by the sole commercial district with streets such as Serrano, Hermosillo, Jose Ortega y Gassett and Velazquez, allowing guests a great chance to combine business with shopping and leisure. The hotel is near he city's most famous museums, such as Prado, Thyssen and the Reina Sofia.
This 19th century building has elegant decoration and has an excellent and personalized service with some of the most luxurious, comfort and quality standards.
- Accommodations (physically challenged)
- Air Conditioning (public areas)
- Airport Shuttle
- Babysitting Services (on request) ($)
- Ballroom (on request)
- Banquet Room (on request)
- Breakfast Room
- Business Center
- Butler Service (on request)
- Casino (nearby) ($)
- Conference Rooms
- Currency Exchange
- Dry Cleaning Services ($)
- Fitness Center
- Front Desk (24-hour)
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Hospitality Desk
- Internet Access (high speed, wireless)
- Laundry Services ($)
- Massage Services ($)
- Meeting Room
- Parking (valet)
- Rooms (180)
- Security (24-hour)
- Shoe Shine
- Suites (20)
- Turndown Service
Spa, Wedding, Business, Shopping, Honeymoon, LGBT Friendly, Romance and Family Friendly.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break 11 years old.
• Classic - 2 adults.
• Premium - 2 adults or 2 adults and infant.
• Supreme - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Supreme Family - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Grand Supreme Family - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. Deluxe Red Level - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Grand Premium with Jacuzzi - 2 adults.
• Junior Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Deluxe Junior Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• One Bedroom Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
Classic, Private guestrooms with views of the hotel's inner courtyard. The Classic Guestrooms offer an elegant interior dcor inspired in a refined neo-Classic style. With a surface area of roughly 25 sq m, these luxury guestrooms feature walls lined with luxury fabrics, an elegant writing desk with wood and hand-tooled leather chair.
Premium, rooms feature an exquisite, classic English-style dcor with an area of 30 sq m and a wide range of services appropriate to a hotel of great luxury, each room has been decorated with elegant colors that create a unique, distinctive atmosphere of relaxation.
Supreme, the Supreme guestrooms with views are distinguished by their magnificent panoramic view of center-city Madrid. Elegant and luminous they offer unique views of Paseo de la Castellana and Plaza de Coln.
Supreme Family, Measuring approximately 45 sq m with separate lounge, spacious bathroom with shower and bath and views of the interior patio, guaranteeing peace and tranquility. They offer space for a maximum of 4 people.
Grand Supreme Family, Measuring approximately 50 sq m specially designed for families, with a maximum capacity for up to 4 people plus the possibility of adding an extra bed or cot for a fifth person on request and subject to confirmation by the hotel.
Deluxe Red Level, Isolate yourself in this space of calm and escape the noises of the big city in this spacious room of 33 meter square, completely soundproofed so that nothing disturbs your tranquility. It achieves the most complete of breaks in its comfortable king-size bed, with an elegant canopy, and superior equipment, with the exclusivity and luxury of RedLevel.
Grand Premium With Jacuzzi Red Level, A private terrace with outdoor hot tub, offers you this Grand Premium so you can enjoy the Madrid sky. An elegant and equipped room of 53 meter square, that will offer you all the services so that your stay in the capital is perfect. A warm atmosphere with modern furniture, with king-size four-poster bed and 37 inch Lcd tv.
Junior Suite, these RedLevel Junior Suites measuring approximately 45 sq m with separate lounge, spacious bathroom with shower and bath and views of the interior patio, guaranteeing peace and tranquility. They offer space for a maximum of 4 people.
Deluxe Junior Suite, Share this 50 meter square, suite as a family, with equipment designed for the little ones, with a separate lounge, living area with television and a large sofa bed, with access to a bathroom with shower. It also has a bedroom with a king-size bed and bathroom access, with a separate bath and shower. Share intimate moments in this spacious room.
One Bedroom Suite, Suite with magnificent views of the busy Paseo de la Castellana in its meeting with Plaza de Colon, from the most privileged corner of Madrid. An elegant and luminous space of 60 meter square, that contemplates a majestic independent living room of no less than 25 meter square, and a bedroom with access to the bathroom. If it still makes you small, it gives you the possibility to extend the stay.
• Red Level include the following services:
• Welcome attentions
• Complete Red Level package
• Private reception area in the Red Level Lounge
• Open bar in the afternoon in the Red Level Lounge with appitizers, snacks, Moet Chandon and Nespresso coffees
• Your private corner. Library with fireplace, plasma TV, assortment of books, music, films and board games
• Outdoor terrace with air-conditioned relaxation area for smokers
• Daily press in your room (on request)
• Personalized butler service shoe-shining, preparation of whirlpool and luggage -iPod, Wii console (on request and subject to availability)
• CD and DVD menu
• Free ironing of one clothes item daily, an impeccable service
• Pillow menu (low height, duck feather duvet, natural fiber pillow)
• Complete aroma menu - an array of light scents for your room
• Reservations and preferential access to Dry Martini Bar by Javier de las Muelas and Caray Restaurant
All accommodations include: television (flat screen), heating (central), trouser press, internet access (high speed, wireless), turndown service, iron, voicemail, ironing board, wake-up calls, mini-bar, non-smoking accommodations, radio, rollaway bed (on request), DVD player, room service (24-hour), air conditioning, safe (in accommodation), alarm clock, safety deposit box, bathrobes, shower, bathtub, smoke detector, crib (on request), sprinkler system, hairdryer, telephone (two-line), housekeeping, Jacuzzi (some accommodations): (10) and accommodations (ADA compliant): (6).
Movies (in Accommodation) on request
Coffee/tea Maker only in red level rooms
Balcony some of the rooms have private terrace
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Dry Martini Bar By Javier De Las Muelas, The famous DRY Martini Bar by Javier de las Muelas has rapidly become the best way to start or end an evening in Madrid. Despite its recent opening, the DRY Martini Bar is already considered the epicenter of the cocktail scene in Madrid, adds sophistication and spirit to the hotel lobby, making it one of the best bars in the world and an emblem of the Gran Meli Fnix.
Caray Restaurant, an exquisite range of contemporary cuisine accented by traditional ingredients of the Spanish culture.
International Breakfast Buffet, (served at Caray Restaurant) extensive choices plus healthy options and gluten-free products.
• Mediterranean cuisine. Open for breakfast 7:00am- 11:00am.
Dress Code: Smart Casual.
• Passengers are responsible for paying the Madrid city tax, which will be added to the guests final bill and will be payable to the hotel upon check-out. The tax is charged per person, per day.
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• Warner Bros Park: 15 kilometers(9 miles)
• Reina Sofia Museum: 1.3 kilometers(1 mile)
• Historic Center: 0.5 kilometers(0 miles)
• National Library: 0.1 kilometers(0 miles)
• Puerta de Alcala: 1 kilometer(1 mile)
• Thyssen Museum: 0.8 kilometers(0 miles)
• Parque del Retiro: 1 kilometer(1 mile)
• Prado Museum: 1 kilometer(1 mile)