Distance from Hotel to City, 6.7 miles (11 kms). Distance from Hotel to San Diego International Airport (SAN), 3.7 miles (6 kms).
"A water sports paradise, take a trip around the marina or the island on a kayak, paddleboard, power boat, jet ski or perhaps a gentle pedalo is more your style?? SeaWorld&reh;, San Diego Zoo, LegoLand and fun Seal Tours are all a short drive from the resort or perhaps you'd prefer to bury your toes in the sand. Guests enjoy access to a private beach or La Jolla Cove is only 15-20 minutes from the resort the water here is calm and ecologically protected, providing a safe home for colourful garibaldi, yellowtail, rays and even leopard sharks.
The airy, contemporary rooms have a modern California and Mediterranean vibe and 41 are suites with some offering two sided fireplaces. Most have private patios or balconies and most have views of the Marina and Point Loma hillside or the Pacific Ocean and San Diego downtown skyline. Several offer views of blossoming hotel gardens.
There's a chic waterfront restaurant and bar with a terrace for watching the world go by, a spa for a spot of luxury personal pampering and a marina for every imaginable water sport. And as the sun goes down on another day, head down to the beach to join the nightly bonfire and roast S'mores on the beach.
- Accommodations (170)
- ADA Compliant Accommodations and Facilities
- Aerobic Classes
- Aerobics (aqua)
- Air Conditioning (public areas)
- Babysitting Services (on request) ($)
- Ballroom ($)
- Banquet Room ($)
- Beach (onsite)
- Beauty Salon ($)
- Bellmen ($)
- Bicycle Rentals ($)
- Breakfast Room
- Business Center
- Casino (nearby) ($)
- Children's Activities (on request)
- Children's Club
- Conference Room ($)
- Dry Cleaning Services ($)
- Exercise Classes
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Room
- Front Desk
- Front Desk (24-hour)
- Golf (nearby) ($)
- Ice Machine
- Internet Access
- Internet Access (high speed, wireless) ($)
- Internet Access (wireless)
- Laundry Service ($)
- Lounge ($)
- Massage Services ($)
- Meeting Room ($)
- Multilingual Staff
- Pets (allowed) ($)
- Ping Pong
- Pool (heated)
- Pool (outdoor)
- Poolside Beverage Service ($)
- Poolside Meal Service ($)
- Porter Services ($)
- Restaurant ($)
- Room ($)
- Suites ($)
- Sundries Shop ($)
- Towels (beach)
- Towels (pool)
- Track (jogging)
- Watersports (motorized) ($)
- Watersports (non-motorized) ($)
- Wedding Site ($)
• Parking is currently at a charge per day for self-parking and for valet parking.
• Parking fees are subject to change without prior notice. Jacuzzis
• Public Outdoor Jacuzzi® ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
Family Friendly, Eco-Tourism, Honeymoon, LGBT Friendly, Pet Friendly, Romance, Seniors, Spa, Wedding, Adventure (for active adults), Beach, Boating/Marina, Business, Corporate, Cultural and Groups.
• Check-in-time: 4:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break is 17 years old.
• Deluxe King Guestroom - 2 adults or 1 adults and 1 children.
• Deluxe Queen Queen Guestroom - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Marina View King Guestroom - 2 adults or 1 adults and 1 children.
• Marina View Queen Queen Guestroom - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
Deluxe King Guestroom, featuring luxurious bathrooms and a private balcony or patio. Guestroom is 360 square feet room with a One king bed, Newly-renovated bathrooms, Bathrooms with glass shower enclosures and rain showerheads, Complimentary high-speed internet (wired and wireless), Flat screen television with premium entertainment channels, Mini refrigerator Full bath amenities and more.
Deluxe Queen Queen Guestroom, featuring luxurious bathrooms and a private balcony or patio. Guestroom is 360 square feet room with a two queen beds, Newly-renovated bathrooms, Bathrooms with glass shower enclosures and rain showerheads, Complimentary high-speed internet (wired and wireless), Flat screen television with premium entertainment channels, Mini refrigerator Full bath amenities and more.
Marina View King Guestroom, Nothing compares to catching a gorgeous sunset over Kona Kai Marina on your private balcony or patio. The rooms boast luxurious bathrooms and private patios or balconies. Premium marina views from a 360 square feet room offering a One king bed.
Marina View Queen Queen Guestroom, Nothing compares to catching a gorgeous sunset over Kona Kai Marina on your private balcony or patio.
• The rooms boast luxurious bathrooms and private patios or balconies.
• Premium marina views from a 360 square feet room offering two queen beds.
All accommodations include: alarm clock radio, ironing board, balcony, mini-bar: ($), bathrobes, non-smoking accommodations, bathtub, patio, bedding (premium), radio, blackout curtains, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, safe (in accommodation), crib, shower, desk, smoke detector, hairdryer, sprinkler system, heating (central), telephone, housekeeping, television, in room movies: ($), turndown service: ($), accommodations (ADA compliant), internet access, voicemail, air conditioning, iron, wake-up calls, alarm clock and maid service.
Rollaway Bed: ($)
• Rollaways are available in king bedded rooms only, at a charge per day.
Room Service (limited)
• Room services are available on from 6:00am-10:00pm.
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Tiki Bar, Overlooking Kona Kai Marina, the Tiki Bar and Pool has sweeping views of the picturesque Point Loma hillside. With four deluxe cabanas for rental, stay poolside and enjoy the San Diego sunshine while sipping on cocktails from the Tiki Bar. Kid-approved club sandwiches, chicken fingers, mock cocktails and frozen treats are available for the little ones, while specialty cocktails and frozen drinks for the adults are made to order. Check out the poolside daily specials from the mixologists!
Vessel Restaurant, Vessel Restaurant and Bar at Kona Kai Resort & Spa offers New American cuisine expertly prepared by Executive Chef served in a casual, chic atmosphere. Fresh off of a transformation that includes the addition of a 360 degree bar at its center and video wall showcasing local landscapes. The coastal fare created by Chef incorporates local, seasonal and sustainable ingredients, taking traditional delicacies and giving them a flavorful twist.
• Daily Activity
• Use of fitness center
• Water Aerobics are available.
Resort Fees and Inclusions:
• A mandatory resort service charge per room, per night applies and is payable at hotel direct. The resort fee will include the following valuable benefits:
• Complimentary Local calls
• Daily Newspaper in lobby
• Fitness Center
• Steam Room
• Towel service at pool and spa
• Business Center
• Safe Deposit Boxes at desk
• Resort fee charge and inclusions are subject to change without prior notice.
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• San Diego Zoo: 8.3 miles(13 kms) 20 minutes
• Sea World
• Liberty Station Shops: 2.9 miles(5 kms) 9 minutes
• La Jolla: 13.4 miles(22 kms) 30 minutes
• Gaslamp Quarter: 6.7 miles(11 kms) 22 minutes