Distance from hotel to Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU), 10 miles (16 kms).
Located in the heart of Old San Juan, El Convento, has set new standards of luxury, comfort and service while preserving the unique character and mystique of the hotel.
A former Carmelite convent built three and a half centuries ago, El Convento has gone through many incarnations before a complete refurbishment carefully restored this historic hotel with special attention paid to the preservation of the original structure. No expense or imagination has been spared in giving El Convento a fine blend of originality and classic quality.
There is something refreshingly different about El Convento, a small boutique-style hotel that celebrates the days of Old World style, creating a welcome atmosphere of sophistication without pretension, providing its guests with style and traditional hospitality.
The legacy of El Convento will no doubt continue to endure long into the 21st century.
- Business Center
- Business Services ($)
- Fitness Center (24-hour)
- Guest Services
- Laundry Facilities (coin-operated) ($)
- Laundry Services (valet) ($)
- Massage Services ($)
- Parking (self) ($)
- Pool (plunge)
- Restaurants (2)
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children's age break is 17 years old and under.
• Superior - 2 adults.
• Deluxe - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Garden - 2 adults.
• Vista - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Junior Suite - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
Superior, (SUP) Luxurious accommodations with beautiful Spanish furniture and Spanish louver doors that open to a veranda, with a limited view.
• Bedding: 1 queen bed or 2 twin beds.
Deluxe, (DLX) luxurious accommodations with beautiful Spanish furniture and Spanish louver doors that open to a veranda partially overlooking the historic city of Old San Juan.
• Bedding: 1 queen bed or 2 double beds.
Garden, (GDN) elegant, spacious, high ceiling, an accommodation that combines beautiful Spanish furniture with a comfortable private terrace to enjoy natural sunlight.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 1 queen bed.
Vista, (VTA) luxurious accommodations with beautiful Spanish furniture and Spanish louver doors that open to a veranda with magnificent views of the San Juan Bay and/or the historic city of Old San Juan.
• Bedding: 1 queen bed or 2 double beds.
Junior Suite, (JRI) elegant, delightful and oversized guestroom with high ceiling. Beautiful Spanish furniture and Spanish louver doors that open to a veranda, with a limited view.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 1 queen bed or 2 double beds.
• Specific bedding requests are fulfilled upon availability, but cannot always be guaranteed. During certain peak seasons rooms with 2 double beds and/or connecting rooms are limited. Cribs are available at no extra charge. Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee and prior reservations are required.
All accommodations include: ironing board, refrigerator, slippers, stereo/entertainment system, telephone (two-line), television (remote controlled), iron, air conditioning (individually controlled), bathrobe, coffee maker, data port, hairdryer and DVD/VCR player.
Turndown Service Daily turndown service.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Patio Del Nispero, When you have an appetite for a gourmet meal in casual yet elegant surroundings, relax in the open-air Patio del Nispero, located in the stately courtyard of El Convento. Al fresco dining has never been so tasteful. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Lunch Days of Opening: Open daily for lunch.
El Picoteo, Rated as one of Old San Juan's finest dining experiences, El Picoteo, overlooking the open-air courtyard will tantalize you with the house specialty, tapas, a true culinary delight.
• A destination for local epicures and travelers alike, El Picoteo heats up the dining scene.
General Opening Days: Open Tuesday-Sunday for lunch and dinner.
2018 Bonus Features:
• Travel Dates: 12/13/2017 - 12/12/2018
• Complimentary wine reception every evening at La Veranda Terrace
• Complimentary 24 hour coffee, tea and water station at La Veranda Terrace
• Complimentary wireless high speed internet access in every room and in public areas
• In room complimentary bottled water
• Use of Fitness Center
• Use of the El Covento Beach Club