Distance from hotel to Sydney Airport (SYD), 12 kms (7 miles).
Located behind Circular Quay and adjacent to the Royal Botanic Gardens, the hotel overlooks the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. The hotel is close to the Central Business District, government district, shopping boutiques and some of the finest restaurants in the city, as well as being within walking distance to the historic Rocks area.
Built around the restored facade of the 1851 Treasury Building, the hotel blends contemporary style with a 19th century Georgian architecture. The building is of historical importance and combines elements of sandstone sourced locally from the Rocks area with timber and iron joinery featured in the cortile lounge. Another highlight of the hotel is the rooftop Club InterContinental Lounge located on level 31, which has the only wrap around terrace in the city and features spectacular views.
- Accommodations (509)
- Babysitting Services ($)
- Business Center
- Facilities for Physically Challenged Guests
- Fitness Equipment
- Internet Access ($)
- Laundry Services ($)
- Massage Services ($)
- Meeting Facilities
- Parking Facility
- Pool (swimming)
- Porter Services ($)
- Room Service
- Safe (reception)
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 11:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Child age break is 12 years old.
Superior City Side Room - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. Deluxe Eastern Harbour View Room - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Deluxe Harbour Bridge View - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Premium Opera House View Room - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Harbour Executive Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Club InterContinental City Side Room - 3 adults. Club InterContinental Eastern Harbour View Room - 3 adults.
• Club InterContinental Opera House View Room - 3 adults.
• Club InterContinental Harbour Executive Suite - 3 adults.
Superior City Side Room Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Deluxe Eastern Harbour View Room Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Deluxe Harbour Bridge View Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Premium Opera House View Room Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Harbour Executive Suite Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Club Intercontinental City Side Room Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Club Intercontinental Eastern Harbour View Room Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Club Intercontinental Opera House View Room Bedding: 1 king bed.
Club Intercontinental Harbour Executive Suite Bedding: 1 king bed.
• The rooms are contemporary, with minimalist design and blend luxury with comfort. Each room contains a window seat and chaise lounge to enjoy the views of either the city, gardens or harbor. All rooms feature double glazed windows and high speed internet access. Rooms are a minimum of 32 square meters in size with the exception of Executive Suites and Club Executive Suites which are 70 square meters. Superior City Side Rooms, Deluxe Eastern Harbor View Rooms and Executive Suites are located from level 10 to 26 and level 30, Deluxe Harbor Bridge View Rooms are located from level 12 to 21 and Premium Opera House View Rooms are located from level 22 to 26 and level 30. All Club InterContinental Rooms and Club Executive Suites are located from level 27 to 29. Executive Suites and Club Executive Suites have separate shower and bathtub. Club Rooms include club lounge access.
All accommodations include: mini-bar, movies (in house), non-smoking accommodations, rollaway bed (on request): ($), safe (in accommodation), telephone, ironing board, air conditioning, bathroom (private), coffee/tea maker, hairdryer, iron and television.
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Cafe Opera, InterContinental Sydney's grand hotel dining room buffet features daily specials, extensive fresh seafood, sushi, a salad bar and heavenly desserts. An a-la-carte menu is also available. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper.
The Cortile, The foundation and heart of InterContinental Sydney, the Cortile is famous for its distinct architecture, graceful sandstone arcades and sunlit ambiance. A favorite meeting place perfect for casual business discussion, afternoon tea, all day dining or a glass of fine wine.
Non-Smoking This hotel is a non-smoking hotel.